Donard Recruitment has been successfully retained to assist a leading Main Contractor with their search for Senior Site Engineer. This is an excellent opportunity to work for one of our largest Main Contractors. Our Client will offer the successful Site Engineer a market leading salary and benefits package. Our client has been going through a period of outstanding growth they really have excelled in their chosen niche and have many repeat clients. This success is due to their consistent delivery of multi-million Euro schemes.
As Senior Site Engineer you will:
- Support the Site Manager with daily operations
- Act as the main technical adviser on site for specialist subcontractors, concrete frame contractor, etc.
- Set out, levelling and surveying the site; QA, temporary works checks, temporary works co-ordination
- Check plans, drawings and setting out co-ordination
- Have prior knowledge of calling off reinforcement from schedules and ability to read reinforcement drawings
- Ensure that all materials used and work performed are as per specifications
- Manage, monitor and interpret the construction design drawings supplied by the structural engineer, architect & MEP engineers
- Liaise with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project
- Assist day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labour force and the work of any subcontractors
- Plan the work and efficiently organising the plant and site facilities in order to meet agreed deadlines
- Oversee quality control and the implementation of the Company’s ‘Think Smart management of health & safety on site
- Prepare reports as required for senior site manager & project manager
- Have a pro – active approach to resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise and associated reporting to senior site manager and project manager
- A Degree / HND in engineering or other relevant discipline
- A current valid SafePass/CSR/CSCS Card
- A minimum of 5 years postgraduate experience including 2 years as lead engineer
- Previous experience of setting out €20M+ structures
- Previous experience of reinforcement (call-off preferred)
- Operational knowledge of current Health & Safety regulations
- Excellent communication and planning skills
- IT literate with a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and AutoCAD
- Flexibility with regards to site location within Ireland
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Donard Recruitment on 015314924
Donard Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Donard Recruitment operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.
13 April 2019
Job Reference Number: