Project Manager – Interviews being held immediately
£23M – Social Housing Scheme – 244 Units – 3 years Work
Donard Recruitment has been retained by a medium sized building contractor to recruit a Project Manager, for a Main Contractor based in Derry. The Project Manager will be tasked with the Project Management of a £23M Social Housing scheme in Belfast. This is an excellent opportunity for a Project Manager to join an ever-growing contractor. This scheme is a Design and Build project and will provide 3 years work based in Greater Belfast.
As Project Manager you will:
- Review project program with Site Manager and alert issues which may affect program.
- Become Familiar with Subcontractor appointment documentation including RAMS.
- Review construction drawings, reports and information.
- Raise Compensation events & Early Warnings.
- Report to Directors.
- Contractors progress report, complete templates and attend monthly site meetings.
- Familiar with Considerate Constructors Scheme audit and support Site Manager & QS to achieve site compliance for this scheme.
- Ensure compliance with Social Clause requirements.
- Carry out checks on site files incl. checking regular tool box talks have been carried out, RAMS.
- Ensure requirements of the site specific remediation strategy have been carried out through to issue of the validation report.
- Manage handover of the project and oversee the QS with preparation of the documentation, certificates and files necessary for final handover.
- Assist with PQQ and Quality Submissions.
- Familiar with IMS – 9001, 14001 & 18001.
What you need
- Extensive main contracting background is essential
- Knowledge of Design & Build, NEC and JCT contracts
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Self-motivated and hard worker
- 5 years management experience
- Analytical and decision making skills
- Proficient with MS Office, Excel, Powerpoint and industry specific software
- Robust budgeting and financial management skills
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Donard Recruitment on 02890996195
Donard Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Donard Recruitment operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.
5 December 2018
Job Reference Number: