Are you an experienced Senior Planning Consultant that would like to work for an international business with a growing construction and property presence in Manchester? If so then read on!
Donard Recruitment are a preferred recruitment partner of a rapidly expanding multi-sector business provider that are significantly growing their construction and property team in Manchester. This is a private construction consultancy with projects in the Public and Private sector. They have wide portfolio of projects ranging from Education, Water, Waste and Highways.
Due to an increase in projects our client is seeking to add a new Senior Planning Consultant to their team.
This role will be based primarily in our offices in Salford. However, some travelling may be required to other offices
You will be involved in a range of projects including:
- Local Planning Policy commissions assisting our client Local Authorities to deliver aspects of their Local Plans.
- Assisting in the delivery of our expert witness offer for appeals.
- Consultancy services for public and private sector clients including site appraisals; planning application; and making representations on Local Plans and other planning documents.
- Contributing to the delivery and improvement of business management systems, procedures and processes.
- Supporting the growth of the team by making a positive contribution to business development, securing repeat work and applying a commercial lens to all work undertaken and behaviour
What you will do:
As our Senior Planner you will:
- Be concise and possess the ability to communicate at all levels, be well organised and efficient, have a positive attitude, be proactive and solve problems to produce well balanced outcomes.
- Provide consistently high quality professional advice on planning matters to our clients and other interested parties.
- Demonstrate ability to work alone on projects where required as well as contributing and adding value to team projects.
- When necessary, be prepared to travel for our various commissions which include clients across the North West and Midlands; and on occasion, in other parts of the country.
- Be involved in service improvements and our business operations to ensure resilience competitive edge, efficiency and effectiveness going forward.
- Ensure project and team targets are met and knowledge and expertise is shared whilst assisting to secure new and repeat work in the way you deliver projects.
Your experience will include:
- Membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute.
- High level of ability to prioritise and manage a workload whilst working flexibly to meet both the commercial and contractual needs of the business.
- Demonstrable experience of working as a senior planning officer or consultant in the public/private sector.
- A high level of knowledge and understanding and application of current and emerging planning legislation.
- Being ambitious to enhance the reputation of the Planning and Consultancy team for innovation, quality and timeliness of delivery
To apply for this position please email your CV or call Michael@Donard Recruitment on 02890 99195 for more information
11 March 2018
Job Reference Number: