Contracts Manager – All work NI based
Donard Recruitment has been retained by a medium sized building contractor to recruit a Contracts Manager, for a Main Contractor based in Co. Tyrone. The Contracts Manager will be tasked with the Contracts Management of a number of Social Housing schemes and Hospitality projects. This is an excellent opportunity for a Contracts Manager to join an ever growing contractor.
As Contracts Manager you will:
- Review project programs with Site Managers and alert issues which may affect program.
- Become Familiar with Subcontractor appointment documentation including RAMS, Formal Agreement, CSR, Plant Certs & Insurances, subcontractor Tax information etc.
- Prepare risk assessments & method statements for project specific work activities if required.
- Review construction drawings, reports and information against original ITT documents to additions / variations to contract.
- Raise Compensation events & Early Warnings.
- Report to Directors.
- Update & review project Risk Registers and alert Architect on updates.
- Contractors progress report, complete templates and attend monthly site meetings.
- Familiar with Considerate Constructors Scheme audit and support Site Manager & QS to achieve site compliance for this scheme.
- Ensure compliance with Social Clause requirements.
- Carry out checks on site files incl. checking regular tool box talks have been carried out, RAMS, environmental procedures incl. re-fuelling, spillage Kit training and tool box talks.
- Manage handover of the project and oversee the QS with preparation of the documentation, certificates and files necessary for final handover.
- Assist with PQQ and Quality Submissions.
- Familiar with IMS – 9001, 14001 & 18001.
What you need
- Sound understanding of NEC and JCT contracts
- Excellent understanding of construction
- Ability to read and understand project drawings and information
- Commercial awareness
Good IT skills including competence in using MS Project, Outlook, Word and Excel
- Environmental awareness
- Considerate Constructors scheme awareness
- Attended Managing Safety in Construction Site Supervisors training
- Holds CSR Gold Card
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Donard Recruitment on 02890996195
Donard Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Donard Recruitment operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.
15 August 2018
Job Reference Number: