Donard Recruitment are working with one of the world’s leading utilities companies to recruit for Field Sales Canvasser.
My Client, an award-winning company have an exciting opportunity for a focused and highly motivated individual to join their sales department as a Field Sales Canvasser.
The purpose of the Field Sales Canvasser is to add value to the business by supporting the growth objectives of the domestic sales team through the generation of new sales leads primarily via canvassing activities.
The individual will work 37 hours per week Monday to Friday but requires flexibility in working hours as the successful candidate will be required to work 4 evenings per week (Monday-Thursday) no later than 7.00pm.
This is a permanent role with a basic salary of £17K PA (OTE £22,000). A company car is also provided.
- Conduct field canvassing activities in line with departmental requirements
- Engage professionally with members of the public and talk knowledgeably about the benefits of the companies product
- To carry out all duties compliantly and in line with training offered to include full use of sales scripts and relevant statements
- Canvassers must have an ability to answer questions posed to them and understand how to overcome initial householder apathy
- There will be occasional need to attend specific industry events to represent the company and promote the benefits of the product
- Canvassers will be required to keep their appearance neat and professional at all times
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours ·
- At least one years’ recent experience of selling products or services;
- Experience of persuading, convincing and influencing, whilst maintaining customer service
- Ability to question the customer effectively to understand their needs;
- Polite and attentive telephone manner; must be able to build rapport and offer a fantastic customer service experience
- Assertiveness that achieves a win/win situation;
- The desire and potential to work under pressure in a competitive and fast paced environment
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a consumer facing role;
- 1 year sales experience preferably door to door / canvassing experience
- Excellent communication skills and ability to resolve issues
- Excellent communication, negotiation and persuasive skills
- Positive attitude
- A full valid UK driving licence
Proficient IT skills to include the use of Microsoft programmes such as word, excel & outlook
- £22K OTE
- Company Car Provided
12 December 2020
Job Reference Number: