We are recruiting for our client who are an electrical contractor based in Newry and are looking to recruit for a purchase ledger supervisor.
It is an amazing opportunity for a candidate that wants to gain experience with a progressive and dynamic company to further your career.
As the purchase ledger supervisor, you will be reporting directly into the managing director, the role will encompass responsibility for all the administrative, control and reporting functions within the accounts payable department.
This is a permanent job offering an excellent remuneration package, along with a generous pension, annual leave and health-care benefits.
Hours of work
- Core Business Hours 40 hours per week
Duties and responsibilities will include;
- Responsibility for Administrative, control and reporting functions within the Accounts Payable department
- Daily supervision of Accounts Payable function
- Management of Receptionist/Purchase Ledger Assistant
- Matching & Processing Supplier POs, PODs and Invoices on Sage Accounting System (within Company Control/Procedures).
- Ensuring service and one-off invoices are approved by appropriate management.
- Responsibility of Monthly Aged Creditors Report maintenance
- Completion of Quarterly Supplier Statement Reconciliations
- Small Credit/Debit card payments to suppliers (via phone)
- Monitor Supplier Credit Limits & process payments to ensure constant supply of Materials
- Ultimate responsibility for dealing with supplier queries, payments & resolving discrepancies
- Preparing & Processing supplier payments (incl. Bacs, Cheques)
- Updating supplier details and entering new suppliers on Sage
- Nominal Code overhead/non-standard supplier invoices
- Any other tasks as considered necessary
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience within a busy Accounts Payable role
- Experience in Supervising/Managing other Staff
- Experience in Supplier reconciliation & query resolution
- Excellent communication skills & attention to detail
- Sage Purchase Ledger experience (desirable)
- Experience in dealing with high volume of System Transactions (desirable)
- Up to £26K depending on experience, along with a generous pension, annual leave and health-care benefits.
7 November 2020
Job Reference Number: