Donard are delighted to be working with an established and highly successful main contractor and developer located in County Armagh as they look to appoint a Façade Technician on a permanent basis. Operating for over 50 years across commercial, education and social housing, you’d be joining their award-winning commercial façade and windows division and have the opportunity to work on some of NI’s most impressive and iconic projects.
A company who really care and invest in their people, they have a fantastic employee retention record and will offer an attractive salary and benefits package to the successful candidate.
As a Façade Technician you will be responsible for producing elevations, sections and details for the full façade project from preliminary sketches to construction issue drawings. You’ll report to the Commercial Manager and candidates will be expected to be confident in suggesting and implementing new strategies to support the business
Duties and responsibilities
• Produce high quality general arrangement drawings in most cost efficient way for Approval / Construction / As Built.
• Prepare fabrication drawings in conjunction with location drawings.
• Produce Glass & Fixing schedules as and when requested.
• Liaise with architects and main contractors.
• Work to an estimate and project specification.
• Attend co-ordination meetings (internally and externally).
• Work to an agreed project programme.
• Ensure that work is detailed in accordance with agreed sub-contract specification & programme.
• Produce details with commercial consideration given to products used.
• Identify variations to contract during the design process.
• Issue request for information as and when required.
• Maintain a register of drawings issued, including date issued and current revision of IRS form (in conjunction with the Document Controller).
• To ensure compliance with the CDM regulations.
• Assist with the preparation of Operation and Maintenance Manuals.
• To comply with all Company policies including company Health & Safety and Environmental/ Sustainability Policies.
• Acting as an ambassador/exemplar of company and embracing/supporting/promoting the Company culture and values.
• To comply with any objectives/targets/KPIs given.
• Complying at all times with the company Fair Employment policies
You’ll be proficient in AutoCAD and have experience and knowledge of curtain walling, windows and doors, shop fronts, glazing systems, frameless bolted glass and roof glazing systems. You’ll have sound and demonstratable knowledge and experience of APS & Metal Technology Aluminium glazing and curtain walling systems along with a working knowledge and/or understanding of the construction/building industry.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Façade Technician to join a leading contractor where you’ll have the opportunity to push on with your career. Recent award wins have contributed to further high profile project wins so this is an ideal time to be joining the firm.
**Interviews are taking place immediately so if you’d interested please apply asap**
To be considered for this role, please click ‘apply now’ and a member of our specialist team will be in contact.
5 March 2020
Job Reference Number: