Are you a Senior Project Manager with infrastructure experience gained either in the UK or Internationally?
Never thought you would get the opportunity to work on a large infrastructure project here in NI?
We are seeking to appoint a Senior Project Manager to join an already existing team. If you are a Senior Project Manager that is ambitious and driven to succeed, then keep reading.
This is a unique opportunity to work on one of the largest and most complex construction projects ever undertaken in NI. You will be responsible for managing and achieving service excellence; showing high levels of technical capability, sound commercial knowledge and an excellent understanding of the key drivers; capturing and sharing knowledge and showing innovation.
As Senior Project Manager you will need;
• Demonstrably successful experience in delivering projects on time and within budget
• Extensive supply side experience delivering complex capital projects (rail infrastructure sector)
• Tenacious, can do and energetic orientation with high levels of ownership
• Able to build credible, collaborative but influential relationships with a range of clients
• First class cost management capability
• First class schedule and progress management capability
• Accomplished commercial acumen, ideally with NEC contract knowledge
• Strong technical aptitude with experience in civils or more than one railway systems discipline
• Effective safety leader, ideally with trackside and/or construction site experience
• Able to lead and build happy and cohesive teams while maximising performance
• Actively identifies and/or embeds both innovation and continuous improvement
• Able to improve develop their direct reports and wider colleagues through structured and effective personal coaching and reinforcing process and outcome accountabilities
• Readily able to operate as part of wider Rail and business management teams, including looking for cross project synergies and proactively driving a learning culture
• Familiar with quality assurance best practice
• Able to effectively implements project delivery best practice in most of the following areas: risk and change management, planning, project controls, project set-up, common date environments (including BIM and doc control)
• Strong interpersonal skills including written and verbal communications and ability to build influential relationships with its partners and its supplier chain
• Equally able to manage a small number of large projects or a portfolio/framework of small deliveries
Batchelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline, and attainment or near attainment of relevant professional certification or chartered status.
• Readily able to operate in a D&E consultancy environment
• Contractor facing experience
• Proven experience in managing and integrating in-house and external design management resource
Our client will offer a fantastic working environment where you will be encouraged to forge out a successful career.
In addition, they will offer some excellent benefits, such as:
Highly competitive salary
Annual holiday allowance, plus the option to buy and sell
One of the best contributory pensions in the industry, Pension matched to 8%
Annual Professional Subscription Paid
Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
Long Term Service Awards
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Donard Recruitment on 02890996195
Donard Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Donard Recruitment operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.
3 March 2020
Job Reference Number: