Donard Recruitment has been retained by an expanding Health and Safety Consultancy the assist them with the recruitment of Health and Safety Advisors. Our client has long established relationships with many of the Tier 1 contractors in Ireland. The successful Health and Safety Advisor will be given full autonomy and support within this Main Contractor.
As Health and Safety Advisor you will:
- Undertake risk assessments and site inspections
- Ensure that equipment is installed correctly/safely
- Identifying potential hazards
- Determine ways of reducing risks
- Write internal health and safety policies/strategies
- Draw up safe operational practices and making necessary changes
- Make presentations to groups of employees/managers
- Provide health and safety meetings and training courses for employees
- Liaise with relevant authorities
- Keep up to date and ensure compliance with current health and safety legislation
- Relevant degree and NEBOSH Certificate in Construction or equivalent qualification.
- At least 5 years post graduate experience preferably in a health and safety/ environmental/quality related role.
- Willingness to assume additional responsibilities in keeping with the requirements of the post.
- Competent in information technology.
- Experience in delivering presentations/ training sessions.
- Experience of health and safety, environmental, energy and quality management systems.
- Experience with ISO IMS systems
- Experience with working in Ireland
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Paddy McDade at Donard Recruitment on +442890996195
Donard Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Donard Recruitment operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.
27 May 2019
Job Reference Number: