Donard Recruitment has been successfully retained to assist a leading Main Contractor with their search for a Site Engineer. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience working for one of our biggest Main Contractors.
As Site Engineer you will:
- Support the Site Manager with daily operations
- Act as the main technical adviser on site for specialist subcontractors, concrete frame contractor, etc.
- Set out, levelling and surveying the site; QA, temporary works checks, temporary works co-ordination
- Check plans, drawings and setting out co-ordination
- Have prior knowledge of calling off reinforcement from schedules and ability to read reinforcement drawings
- Ensure that all materials used and work performed are as per specifications
- Manage, monitor and interpret the construction design drawings supplied by the structural engineer and architect
- Liaise with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project
- Assist day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labour force and the work of any subcontractors
- Plan the work and efficiently organising the plant and site facilities in order to meet agreed deadlines
- Oversee quality control and the Health and Safety onsite
- Prepare reports as required for senior site manager & project manager
- Have a pro – active approach to resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise and associated reporting to senior site manager and project manager
- A Degree / HND in engineering or other relevant discipline
- A current valid CSR / CSCS Card
- Operational knowledge of current Health & Safety regulations
- Excellent communication and planning skills
- IT literate with a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and AutoCAD
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Donard Recruitment on 02890996195
Donard Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Donard Recruitment operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.
Job Reference Number: