My client have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Executive Assistant to join their team to work closely with the CEO, having been established for over 100 years and operating within a rapidly evolving industry, this role is sure to offer the successful candidate a diverse role where no two days will be the same.
The purpose of the Executive Assistant is to undertake a full range of secretarial, administrative and financial duties to ensure the efficient and effective running of the organisation.
The main responsibilities of the Executive Assistant include but are not limited to:
- Act as first point of contact, both incoming and outgoing, within the organisation for board members, members and stakeholders.
- To assist the CEO in organising their administrative workload. Liaising with the CEO regarding the events of the day and following up resultant actions.
- Maintain complex diary management, arranging appointments and meetings as appropriate and ensuring the CEO has all relevant papers to be discussed. Arranging travel where necessary.
- Assemble and prepare papers required by the CEO to attend meetings, prepare reports, or reply to requests for information.
- Maintain clear and effective digital and hard copy filing, records and other systems, including board/internal meetings and correspondence, and to keep them updated.
- Maintain clear and effective financial systems, including invoicing, and follow up accounts payable, action direct debits, electronic transfers and reconciling bank accounts.
- Coordinate production of the relevant financial management information for the Chief executive, Board’s Officers and Members as required
- Maintain the organisations media channels, including posting press releases etc. on digital platforms (website / social media), e-zine and text.
The successful Executive Assistant will have the following skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 2 A Levels (to include English) or equivalent qualification
- Minimum 3 years experience in an administrative role to include one year in a senior role
- Ability to work unsupervised, think clearly, to identify objectives and prioritise effectively.
- Ability to create and develop positive working relationships.
- Excellent organisational skills with a flexible and innovative approach to deal with changing situations and new opportunities.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to be able to deal with people of all levels.
- IT literate with experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint & Outlook
- Experience of SAGE
- Experience of website content management / social media
- Knowledge of data capture
If you are interested in learning more about this role please contact Lois on 02890996195 to discuss.
4 January 2019
Job Reference Number: