Donard Recruitment is currently recruiting for an Operations Manager on behalf of our client, a UK-wide care provider, for the South Wales/Bristol area (this is a home and field based post).
• Communicative English, both verbal and written
• Previous higher managerial experience
• Must hold a valid, in date full UK driving licence & have access to own car
• Experience in conducting investigations, disciplinary hearings, return to works etc.
• Good report writing skills
• Previous experience working within a care environment
• Supervise and manage a maximum of 15 clients, including the teams of Personal Assistants and where applicable, Care Co-ordinators, providing supervision & role development
• Undertake ‘return to work’ interviews with staff following periods of sickness
• Conduct and record field visits with each client as appropriate but at least monthly
• Working with the Clinical Nurse Managers and Clinical Assessors, contribute to the identification of training needs for staff and ensure training reflects developments in care delivery and management
• Support the recruitment and be involved in interviewing/induction processes
• Working with a Clinical Nurse Manager, undertake Risk Assessments and other assessments for clients and their homes as delegated by the Regional Manager or Regional Clinical Lead
• Assist the Clinical Nurse Manager with Hospital Discharge arrangements
• Ensure that clients, families and informal carers (i.e. friends and family) remain central to our services
• As required by the Senior Operational Manager or Regional Clinical Lead, prepare reports for reviews of the service and packages
• Maintain budgetary responsibility (including the control of agency spend) for allocated client packages
• Conduct disciplinary hearings into non-clinical incidents
• Working with the recruitment and HR functions ensure policies and procedures are followed to enable proper administration of all Right to Work, DBS employment checks and all regulatory compliance.
• Ensure that the team’s activities are fully compliant with the Health and Social Care Act; and conforms in all respects with the standards and requirements of CQC.
• To be on call as part of a rota to ensure resource management of clients is maintained and other operational emergencies are appropriately managed, an on-call allowance will be paid.
• A full job description is available on application.
• Hours of work: 37 hours per week – Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 5pm.
• On call rota basis – 1 week in 7.
• Applicants must be prepared to do on call evenings & weekends on a rota system with the other management teams, which is 1 week out of 7.
• Salary: £28k + £4k car allowance
• 25 days’ holidays
• Company pension scheme
• This vacancy is a permanent contract.
If this vacancy is of interest to you, please give Charlotte a call on 01216671217 to discuss.
9 November 2018
Job Reference Number: