Design Manager – Dublin
Donard Recruitment has been retained by an established Northern Ireland Main Contractor to assist them with the recruitment of a Design Manager. You will take the lead on a €30M Dublin scheme. It is envisaged the scheme will last two years with further opportunities within this established Main Contractor. This is a very exciting Design Manager position, for an ambitious and talented individual to join an organisation that is experiencing excellent growth.
As Design Manager you will
- Make sure that all necessary information is shared between the various teams involved in both design and construction, ensuring the final product delivers everything the client expects.
- Have a thorough understanding of technical, regulatory and commercial issues as well as pure design considerations.
- Possess good communications skills are also needed as Design Managers work closely with other teams and departments.
- Focus on the management of processes and information, and the coordination of the many different skills involved in the delivery of a successful design and construction project.
- Leading project meetings
- Overseeing internal and external design teams
- Liaising with other teams and departments
- Working with clients to ensure that their requirements are fulfilled and expectations met
- Making sure that design information is available to those who need it, when they need it
- Maintaining thorough documentation of all processes
- Keeping up to date with changing legislation and codes of practice to ensure compliance
- BTEC in Building Studies, Building Engineering or Building Management
- HNC/HND/degree in Construction Management or Architecture (or their equivalent such as the Scottish SCQF/SVQ)
- BSc in Design and Construction Management
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience in medium to high rise residential/modular construction preferable
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Paddy McDade at Donard Recruitment on 02890996195
Donard Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Donard Recruitment operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.
6 December 2018
Job Reference Number: